Here’s the local beat in Minnesota right now: mint busting out of its pots and rhubarb galore! Why not have a tart little midsummer cool-down treat.
- 4 cups rhubarb, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large sprigs mint
- 1 sprig oregano
- 1 Tbs. triple sec
- 1 Tbs. Grenadine Syrup
- Simmer rhubarb, water, sugar and herb sprigs until the rhubarb is soft and begins to break down.
- Refrigerate until the mixture cools.
- Remove herb sprigs.
- Puree mixture and add triple sec and Grenadine.
- Freeze in ice cream maker.
- Transfer to freezer container an allow to freeze for at least four hours.